Talon Crescent War I (2015) Arts & Sciences Information.
Come and display your amazing work at the Talon Crescent A&S Showcase events!
The following is a list of Arts and Sciences Events, where artists can display finished (and unfinished) work. Events will take place on Saturday, February 14th in the Arts and Sciences’ pavilion. Bring your latest and greatest Arts & Sciences projects to show off! Fiber, costuming, ceramics, leather, calligraphy & illumination, metalworking, jewelry, and everything in-between related to pre-1600's -- we want to see it all!
- Entries for each category must be submitted between 9:00 a.m. and 9:45 a.m. Saturday morning, February 14th, with an entry form completed for each submission.
- Any age, any experience level, may bring their works to display for various events and prizes, and are welcome to stay and discuss their entries.
- Documentation invited but not required.
- Entries will be displayed from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m..
- Entries will be supervised by Lady Alpha Luerann Damask and other Starkhafn Arts & Sciences members, and will need to be collected between 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. Saturday, February 14th.
- If you cannot pick up your entry by 4:00 p.m., please make arrangements for someone to pick up your entry for you; and again, please try to let Lady Alpha or Starkhafn A&S Staff know this when you drop your item(s) off.
- ANY ENTRIES LEFT AFTER 4:00 PM MAY BECOME DONATIONS TO THE VOLUNTEER RAFFLE.
ASSISTANCE: Get help & answers from any A&S Help Desk staff, or in the A&S Area on Saturday. These events are organized by Lady Alpha Luerann Damask, who is also available to answer any questions.
1) "Arts Showcase Display" event: This event provides all artists the opportunity to display their current work, including research as it is available; we encourage artists to be close to their work for a portion of the day on Saturday, to receive feedback from the populous and laurels. This event is designed to provide valuable feedback to our artists, prior to the upcoming Pentathlon Event in March.
2) "The SCA Arts & Science 50" event: currently in progress (http://artsandsciences50.org/): This event will give our local artists a chance to display their current progress in this amazing event being held to celebrate 50 years of the SCA. We encourage all to come and attend and be a part of this amazing display of artistic excellence!
3) "Made It At War" event: Participants will receive a "bag of goodies" to initiate a creative frenzy, with participants using the bagging and their own supplies and ingenuity to create a piece of art while at our 1st Talon Crescent War. The "bag of goodies" will be available (while supplies last) at the beginning of the war, on Thursday, February 12th, in the Arts & Sciences’ Pavilion to use and to embellish with each artisan’s individual supplies. We can't wait to see what our talented artists create at this great event! Polling and tokens will take place from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 14th.
4) "Unfinished Projects" display: Participants will display their best 'unfinished' work, with a written explanation as to the project's current state. Polling and tokens will take place from 10:00 a.m until 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 14th.
Celebrate Talon Crescent's artisans and show your appreciation of their, as always, stunning craftsmanship, by leaving tokens as we poll for your favorite entries in the "Made It At War," and the "Unfinished Projects," events.
Artisans from the Known World are preparing to meet at Talon Crescent War to teach, to learn, to share knowledge. Come be part of it!
Classes will be scheduled from 10am to 5pm, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The Kingdoms of Artemisia and Caid will host a variety of artistic endeavors:
- The Artisan Village- display and demonstration areas to show off a particular art.
- Full tracks of Classes- Scroll down to fill out a Class Proposal form.
- Roundtable meetings of common interests. Come find your people!
- Bardic Performance Stage- here is your chance to sing, tell stories or play music!
- Friday Revel Dance- come dance with us!
These are just some of the Arts & Sciences that can be at Talon Crescent War! Let us know what you want to teach! Let us know what you want to learn!
- Dance, Music, Spoken word storytelling, Singing
- Spinning, fiber prep, dyeing, weaving, basketry
- Embroidery, lacemaking, knitting, crocheting, nalbinding
- Costume making, hats, accessories, fighter garb
- Heraldry, Banners, Name and Device submission workshop
- Leatherworking, shoe/boot making, gloves, armguards, quivers, scabbards, horse trappings
- Woodworking, making arrows , fletching, furniture
- Metalworking, Chain mail, forging, casting. Sword/knife forging, Jewelry making, scientific instruments
- Ceramics, stone carving, enamel
- Glasswork, lampwork beads, stained glass
- Papermaking, scrolls, calligraphy, Illumination, painting, writing, research, bookbinding
- Cooking, baking, brewing, herbal
- Performance: vocal, instrumental, dramatic reading, dance, poetry
- Making tools to do any of these crafts